Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A magical night!

Last night we surprised the kids with a ride on the polar express! The Grand Canyon Railway about an hour from here does a polar express ride during December. I knew the kids would really enjoy this since the love the movie. We didn't even tell the kids where we were going until we were about 15 minutes away and it was driving them crazy! I told them I would give them a clue so I gave them some gold tickets with the word believe I punched in them. Zack thought we were just going to see the movie. They were so excited! Avery was very nervous and kept saying she didn't want to ride but when we got there so loved it. First they went in and wrote and mailed their letters to Santa, talked with Mrs. Claus and had our photo taken. After that we went out by the tracks to wait. They finally heard the whistle! It was a fun ride complete with hot chocolate, cookies and a reading of the polar express. After reaching the north pole Santa got on and visited each train car and handed out all the bells to the kids. I was surprised at how much Zack really got into it. He says this was the best day of his life. I know as the kids get older this time of year will be less magical for them, and someday they will be all grown up. I am so glad we made this special memory with the kids this year, what a night!

















No comments: