Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!

Well today I cast my first vote ever. The kids and I did a lap book on the election and we read a couple books. They went with me today so they could see how it's done. Kaylee wanted to fill in my ballot!
Last night there was a rally in Prescott for John McCain and it was going to be his last appearance before the election. It was supposed to start at 9 and then got moved to midnight. I decided to go and Zack wanted to go with me. We went with some other homeschoolers and decided to get there early to get a good spot. There was even a mime entertaining us! We lined up at 8:00. At 10 we were finally in the doors. The excitement was very fun. Unfortunately we didn't get a very good spot. The boys couldn't even see the stage. Hank Williams Jr performed for us and that was fun. It was a good thing Zack brought his game boy since we had to wait so long. We were packed in there so tightly I started to get claustrophobic! Finally around 12:30 McCain showed up and spoke for about 15 minutes. I happened to be standing next to a taller woman who got a few pictures for me. By the end of the night my toes were numb but it was something we will never forget!















No comments: